Monday, October 05, 2015

[ Review ] Summer Anime 2015 : Charlotte



Charlotte
Author : Jun Maeda
Episodes : 13
Genres : Supernatural, Mystery, Drama, School, Adventure
Status : Finished
Type : Original / TV

Review ; 

 I wish I could go with the feels, hype, and own Charlotte as Clannad but I couldnt. Due to greater demands of Jun Maeda's original works, and being convinced to watch, I probably made the wise decision ever.


 Charlotte's story rounds about teenagers affected by a comet giving them powers with their lives at cost. The series brings complex (back-forward-to a new) storyline and I couldnt help it to compare it to the American TV series called Heroes. Disregarding that fact, the complexity of it's storyline and each character's relation and background is something I didnt expect, and probably one of the most major points to cling watching the anime. Plot is something to look forward to each week and points given to the slice of mystery to it's wholesome when Yuu's brother was missing on the latter/ bigger picture.

Yuu Otosaka's younger sister
Yuu Otosaka's brother

My first impressions for this series were different and proven, but some scenes like fighting , cheating and taking adventages of the character's situation were cliche. Suprising factor of the series was Jun Maeda focuses on one family ( Otosaka's ) and it's extension ( forming the Organization and the School ). It's fun and enjoying to include family complex as hint of drama and comedy. The deaths and demise of some characters are convincing to be petrified and giving them the feels. 

Compared to Clannad, it's rather light throughout the show. It doesnt give consistency of the feels as demanded (which I think is , the best attack of other mangaka not to fall for the services though sometimes unwanted ).  The consequences played on the characters is original and well thought. The musicality is too calm for my taste ...HEY! its angelic... ( Opening and Ending )  though I favor the series' OST's than its OP and Ending. It's something that I would like to have when it's released. The production team should be given credit, and from Angel beats to Clannad , now Charlotte, It's something they should be proud of once again.

Rate : 8.5 / 10
 ( I havent watched Angel Beats and probably I will, gaaaaaah, but first, I need to watch the Al Brothers )
  
Best power ever ! goes tooooooo! 
- drum rolls-  :)
COURAGE-CHAN!